For the second year in a row Artcaffe Group Head Barista Martin Shabaya has won the Kenyan National Barista Competition. With basic training on coffee at Dormans Kenya, Martin Shabaya has risen through the ranks and is currently the head Barista at Art Caffe Group. He was recently crowned top at the just concluded Africa Barista Championship held in Tanzania on Thursday 4th February during the Annual African Fine Coffee Conference and Exibition.
With his win, Martin will be representing Kenya and Africa as a whole at the International Barista Championship slated for June 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
As a mark of the recognition of his talent, Martin has competed at the International Barista Championships in Seattle, Washington, as well as the 4th Fushan Cup Barista Championships in China.
With his win, Martin will be representing Kenya and Africa as a whole at the International Barista Championship slated for June 2016 in Dublin, Ireland. Among his achievements, both local and international include:
· Kenya national Barista Championship 2014 – First Runner-up
· Africa Barista Challenge at the 13th AFCC & E 2015 – Second Runner-up
· 4th Fushan Cup International in China 2015 – Position 12
· World Barista Championship 2015 – Position 40
· Kenya National Barista Championship 2015 – Winner
· Kenya National Barista Championship 2016 – Winner
· Africa Barista Challenge at the 14th AFCC & E 2016 – Winner