There are things in life that you NEVER imagined would please you or excite you. You know the type of thing that you just do coz you know it’s good for you. Well for me eating Ngwaci (sweet potatoes) is one of those things.
I bought ngwaci for the 1st time in my life towards the end of last year, coz those are things I eat at home when I’m visiting the folks or up country. Ngwaci’s are tasty but to me there is nothing special about how they taste but the moment I took a bite of these sweet potato fries all my taste buds were UP.
The fries were spicy and sweet, hot and sweet. I mean who knew that ngwaci’s could taste like this? and when you add the Sour cream/sweet chilli deep HEAVEN, its just heaven in you mouth. I promise you even your kids will be begging you for more. HAPPY COOKING!!
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into “fries”
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (more if you wanted it hotter)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon of garam masala
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 200C.
- In a bowl mix all the spices together then add the sweet potatoes. toss in the marinade and make sure they are well coated. Place in a baking sheet that has been covered with foil. Bake for about 30-35 mins but make sure to check for doneness after 25 minuted depending on your oven.
- Put the two ingredients in a bowl, either side by side, one on top of the other or mix. Your choice