Looking for a meaty dish to make for barbecue with your friends? Try this beer marinated grilled skirt steak.
- 2 1/4 kg skirt steak
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced with peel
- 4 garlic cloves, halved and smashed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup light coloured beer (preferably lager style)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- In a wide, shallow glass baking dish, toss half of the orange slices, half of the onion slices and half of the garlic pieces on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the steak and put in the dish on top of the orange and onion slices.
- Toss the remaining orange, onion and garlic over the steak and pour in the beer and soy sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a barbecue on medium-high heat or preheat a broiler. Remove the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the steak as desired, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve as desired.
recipe by Bidco