With thanksgiving fast approaching, a great cocktail to whet your guests appetite as they wait for dinner to be served is probably what every host needs. This Cranberry Spice Cocktail is flavourful and exciting. It is perfect for the holiday season and your guests will love it.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- ½ cup frozen cranberries
- 14 tablespoons light rum
- 6 tablespoons apple cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- mint as garnish
- Add sugar, water, cinnamon, orange zest, cloves and cardamom to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and simmer until they start to pop.
- Turn the heat off and let the mix cool to room temperature.
- Take out the cinnamon stick and fish out the cloves and the large pieces of the cardamom pods.
- Fill the mix into a jar, add ½ cup rum, cover and chill in the fridge.
- Strain the mix and reserve the cranberries.
- Add the remaining 6 tablespoons of rum, the apple cranberry juice and the lemon juice.
- Serve over crushed ice and decorate with the reserved cranberries and mint leaves. (You can eat the cranberries if you’d like).