Cheese and wine is a perfect match written in the stars. The two are life’s great culinary pleasures and finding the perfect match is a delicious endeavor. The wine and cheese affair at Emerald Garden featured an impeccable selection of wines from Viva Global and a wide variety of fresh gooey cheese from Brown’s Cheese.
Nothing is better than enjoying a cold glass of fine wine complimented by rich, fresh and tasty cheese on a beautiful sunny afternoon. On this day, we sampled nine varieties of wine and over six varieties of cheese.
The wines we had included
- The Naked Grape Moscato – California
- Casillero Del Diablo Sauvignon Blanc- Chile
- Casillero Del Diablo Brut Chardonnay – Chile
- Matua Sauvignon Blanc – New Zealand
- Penfolds Koonunga Hill Chardonnay- Australia
- Matua Pinot Noir -New Zealand
- The Naked Grape Carbenet Sauvignon – California
- Casillero Del Diablo Carbenet Sauvignon – Chile
- Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz- Australia
The cheeses included: goat gouda, blue cheese, aged cheddar, emelok and traditional brie.
Each wine was paired with a different kind of cheese and the good people from Brown’s Cheese and Viva Global were there to explain the reason behind each pairing. Spicy cheeses were paired with sweet wines while full bodied wines were paired with strong cheeses.