The Classic garlic and butter-stuffed chicken dish; the breadcrumbed coating prevents the butter from leaking and keep the juices in.
2 Cloves garlic(Crushed)
Finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon.
Salt & freshly ground pepper
4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
3 tbsp plain flour
2 Egg(beaten)+1/2 cup milk
200g bread crumbs
Sunflower oil for deep fying/pan frying
- Place the butter in a bowl and mix in the garlic, lemon zest ans parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Form into a block, wrap with a cling film then chill untill firm. This part can be done 1 day in advence.
- Pound the chicken flat with a rolling pin while in between 2 two sheets of cling film. You can also use a plastic bag and place your chicken inside before pounding.
- Another way is to make a small cut on the breast on the thick side of the and carefully cut enough room where the butter will be stuffed.
- Cut the butter while still hard in to equal sticks to place at the centre or chicken breast. Fold the breast over the butter enclosing it completely. Set aside. When using the breast with the slit, simply insert the butter stick into the cavity created.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper then place the chicken breasts gently without opening where the butter is.
- Dust off excess flour then into the egg it goes, make sure the chicken is completely covered by the egg.
- Remove from the egg mix then dip it into the bread crumbs and again ensure the chicken is completely covered. Press the chicken into the bread crumbs to make them stick to the chicken.
- You can dip the chicken into the egg again then the bread crumbs to form a nice thick coating of bread crumbs.
- Repeat the procedure to all pieces of chicken as you place them into a dry plate awaiting cooking. You can refrigerate the chicken for use up to a day later.
- When Cooking, heat a pan and add a liitle oil and when moderately hot, place the chicken(that can fit the pan). Cook till it browns slightly then turn it to brown the other side.
- Repeat till all pieces are cooked and take care the pan doesnt heat too much or the bread crumbs will burn.
- Place the chicken on a clean dry tray/pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180C/350F Gas 4. Cook for about 8 minutes or till the chicken is firm when pressed. You can also check by cutting the thickest part of the chicken. It should not be pink or raw looking.
- You could also deep fry the chicken in oil @ 170C. When deep frying ensure the oil has a steady heat sauce and the chicken is ready when the breadcrumbs turn brown. Remove from the oil and place the chicken on a paper towel to soak any oil.
Serve hot with roast potatoes and a salad.
Click here for the complete guide on how to go about it
For recipes and how to guides on various dishes including this one, LIKE my page www.facebook.com/chefraphael and discover your inner chef. “BE WARNED,THE PAGE IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND DELICIOUS!”
Follow me on twitter @chefraphaelkn