Are you a lover of wine and dessert? Why not combine them to produce an item of pure decadence and sweet goodness.
Nothing could be better than this Double Chocolate Merlot Cupcakes!!
Learn how to make them here!
• 8 tablespoon Salted butter
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 1/2 cup Merlot
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3/4 tsp vanilla essense
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cups chocolate chips (mix of milk and dark chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and allow to turn golden brown.
3. Add the Merlot, the sugar, and the cocoa. Whisk until smooth.
4. Let come to room temperature and then whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
5. Mix the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips and spoon into cupcake liners (this mixture does not rise so feel free to fill cups completely).
7. Bake for 30 mins. or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely before icing.