¼ cup (about 60ml) Vegetable Oil
975 grams (2 pounds and 2 ounces) Lamb Chops
2 large Onions, peeled and diced
½ tablespoon Ginger Paste
½ tablespoon Garlic Paste
2 teaspoons Salt (or to taste)
½ teaspoon Crushed Red Chilli Powder
¼ teaspoon Ground Turmeric
2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
3 teaspoons Ground Coriander
½ tin (200 grams) Plum Tomatoes
145ml Plain Yoghurt, beaten
Large handful Fresh Coriander, chopped
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
4 Thick Green Chillies, sliced
- Take a deep pan with high sides. Place over a medium heat and once hot, add the vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add in the lamb chops.
- Then, add in the onions, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, ground turmeric, crushed red chilli flakes, ground cumin and ground coriander. Stir together.
- Next, in goes the plum tomatoes and the beaten yoghurt. Give everything a stir and bring to the boil. Then, turn the heat to the lowest and leave the curry to simmer for 1 hour or until the lamb chops are tender.
- Uncover and dry out any excess moisture, if you want. Stir in the garam masala, green chillies and fresh coriander.
- Serve with naan, rice or chips. Enjoy!