Garlic Chicken Kebab Potato Recipe
- 1 deep fryer or large pot
- 1 basting brush
- 1 melon ball spoon
- 3 liters of cooking oil
- 1 plastic bag
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 large peeled russet potato
- ⅓ cup of diced gherkins
- ⅓ cup of garlic sauce
- 1 pound of chopped chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons of 7 spice
- ¾ cup of plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup of tomato paste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of sumac spice
- Preheat the cooking oil to 325 degrees F.
- Slice the russet potato in half. Using the melon ball spoon, scoop out the inside flesh of the potato making sure not the pierce the sides of the bottom.
- Fry the potato in the oil for about 2 minutes and then take it out. Boost the heat up to 350 degrees F and fry the potato again until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the chicken, yogurt, tomato paste, garlic, 7 spice, and lemon juice in a plastic bag and mix well. Put it in the fridge for 2 hours (overnight for best results).
- Add the chicken to a baking tray and cook it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Line the inside of the potato cup with garlic sauce. Layer the gherkins followed by some chicken. Continue to layer until the cup is full.
- Sprinkle the sumac spice on top of the cup.
Adapted from Foodbeast