Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve is one of the most prestigious whisky brands in the world. This is because it has a unique flavour, owed to the fact that it is matured to be old enough to drink itself in Kenya. At 18 years old, it is one of Johnnie Walker’s finest whiskies.
Usually, when people hear about cocktails made with fine whiskies like this they cringe.
“What!? Why would you do that to a finely matured whisky!?”
But you have to try this cocktail. It does justice to the maturity of this whisky.
- Glassware : Rocks
- Method : Build
- 60ml Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve
- 1 Bar Spoon Of Honey
- 2 Dashes Of Angostura Bitters
- Ice Cubes
- Orange Zest Garnish
How To Make
- Put some ice cubes in a glass to chill the glass.
- Add your 60ml of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve.
- Add 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- Add 1 bar spoon of honey.
- Stir to mix in the honey and the bitters.
- Slide your orange zest in between the ice cubes.
- Enjoy sip by sip. Be sure to bite as you take your sips to really let the flavours dance on your tongue.
Please note that this process may vary when done by a professional mixologist so don’t worry too much about getting it perfect. Enjoy your whisky your way.
You can buy your bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Label and many other rare EABL Love Whisky goods from the Love Whisky Shop on Facebook.