This hearty vegetable lasagna is the only thing you will want to eat after a long week.
Hearty Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 packet of lasagna noodles
- 30g of fresh mushroom, sliced
- 3/4 cup of chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup of chopped onions
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 jars pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried bassil
- 1 container part skim ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the lasagna noodles ina large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the mushrooms. green pepper, onions and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta, mozzarella cheese and eggs together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9*13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, starting with the lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering and top with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake it uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Serve it 15 minutes after removing it from the oven.