Hilton Hotel's Sale e Pepe Penne Ala Genovese Recipe
- 500g Penne Pasta
- 150g Red Bell pepper (julienne)
- 200g Aubergine (julienne)
- 150g Courgette (julienne)
- 70g Onions (Chopped)
- 10g Garlic (crushed)
- 20g Pesto Sauce
- 80ml Olive Oil
- Black pepper (crushed)
- 60g Parmesan Cheese (shavings)
- 100ml Cream (heavy)
- Roast the bell peppers in very hot oven about 240 degrees c for about 6 min.
- Put the bell peppers in a plastic bag closed tight for sweeting to occur for easier peeling later on.
- Boil the Penne Pasta in hot salted water for about 8 min, drain in a colander, drizzle some olive oil and keep aside.
- In a pan fry some onions, garlic till pale brown.
- Add in julienne of vegetables and toss for about 5 min, Add in the cooked Penne.
- Toss together the Pasta and vegetables, pesto and some of the Parmesan shavings and cream.
- Season the Pasta Genovese with salt and pepper, serve garnished with Parmesan shavings and fresh thyme.