Hippo Point Melting Chocolate Pots Recipe
- 1 bar of Bournville chocolate
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- Fresh cream and strawberries to serve
- Break the chocolate into pieces in a glass bowl that fits on top of a saucepan (double boiling method) and then add the butter and sugar.
- Place the saucepan on low heat with water and once it starts simmering, place the glass bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Gently stir while the butter, chocolate and sugar start to melt. In the meantime, whisk together the 2 whole eggs and leave aside.
- Once the chocolate, sugar and butter has melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan and whisk through the beaten eggs.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins. You can keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- To serve, place the ramekins in a preheated oven 180C and let the pots warm through for roughly 10 min. Serve with a drizzle of fresh cream and strawberries, blueberries, marshmallows etc as desired.
You can get some expensive chocolate-covered strawberries from a store this Valentine’s Day, but there’s really no need. You can simply make your own melting chocolate pots and get a handful of strawberries and marshmallows for dipping. What’s more, these are perfect for sharing with your date!