I usually make this on days when I have soo many dishes too cook, when all my stove tops are being used for other dishes. Or on days when I want to do other things and not necessarily watch my rice. All you need to do is put the rice in a microwave safe bowl, cover it with a lid that allows air to escape and that’s it.
Rinse the rice at least three times
Add the water ratio 2:1 water: rice
measure your water ration of water to rice is 2:1, then add all the seasonings and oil or butter
Recommended times: 1/2 cup rice, 9 minutes 3/4 cup rice, 12 minutes 1 cup rice, 16 minutes 1 1/4 cups rice, 20 minutes 1 1/2 cups rice, 23 minutes
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups water or stock
- butter, oil (optional)
- coconut oil or powder (optional)
- Rinse your rice under cold water a few times. If you’re using brown rice you might want to soak it for at least 30 minutes to make it easier to cook.
- Mix the water and the rice in a microwave safe container in the ratio of 2:1 water:rice (2 cups of water for every cup of rice).
- Another way to do this is to put your rice in the container then pour water in till it covers the rice by about an inch, you can measure by putting your clean finger in the pot so that the tip of your finger touches the top of the rice, the water should cover up till your first knuckle
- Season the water. Add salt, pepper, olive/ vegetable oil, butter, aromat or any other seasoning you usually use then stir the rice. Cover your rice BUT DO NOT USE an air tight lid, set the lid on the container. If the lid has vents to let out steam open those. Alternatively cover with cling wrap twice then poke holes on it to let out steam. Put in the microwave and set the time. Once done let the rice sit for about 3-5 minutes so that it finishes cooking then fluff it. EASY