The Only Kuku Choma Wings Recipe You'll Ever Need!
- 12 Chicken wings
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (pressed)
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon All spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place wings in a large heat proof dish that can be placed on the bbq at a later time. A dish with a lid is great but alluminium foil works also.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and rub over the wings to coat well. Tip all the liquid into the bottom of the dish and cover in fridge over night.
- Heat the grill on your bbq to high with the lid (or aluminium foil) on, place the dish on the grill and allow to boil for 15 minutes turning once.
- Take the dish off the heat and now place the wings themselves on the grill.
- Use the left over liquid and a spoon to baste the wings occasionally and turn regularlly to avoid burning (be careful as basting will produce a small flame, but you look cool doing it). Cook for 15 minutes or untill golden brown.
Just like Nyama Choma, Kenyan’s have perfected grilled chicken, or as we like to call it, Kuku Choma. Perfect for Sunday afternoons with the boys with a couple of beers or whether you’re hosting a few carnivores over for a barbecue party, this recipe will have tongues wagging and tummies yearning for more!