This is a simple soup to prepare with just a few ingredients. It has a nutty flavour from the roast butternut and the sweetness of the coconut totally complements this. The ginger gives the soup some heat that makes it YUMMY and unforgettable to the last spoon.
1 Small butternut(diced)/500g after peeling
2 cloves Garlic(sliced)
2 tbsp Oil
- Cook the butternut in an oven with the highest heat set. It should take about 35-40 minutes.
- It should also be brown and caramelized. You could also cook it on a pan with liitle oil while covered then when cooked and slightly soft, increase the heat to brown it.
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook the ginger, garlic and onion with the oil slightly just to make it soft.
- Add the butternut, give a quick stir and cook for 1 minute
- Add the water and seasoning,increase the heat and bring to a boil. You can add the a little coconut milk at this point.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- After the five minutes, allow to cool slightly then put it in a blender and blend til smooth.
- Return to the heat and adjust the seasoning and add more coconut cream to taste. If its too thick, add a little water to the desired consistency.
- Serve hot with some bread garnished with a swirl of cream or coriander leaf.
Click here for the how to guide of this glorious soup
You can opt not to roast the butternut and just cook it as is, giving u a different taste and flavour to it.Raphael’s Tip:
You can opt not to roast the butternut and just cook it as is, giving u a different taste and flavour to it.
For recipes and how to guides on various dishes including this one, LIKE my page www.facebook.com/chefraphael and discover your inner chef. “BE WARNED,THE PAGE IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND DELICIOUS!”
Follow me on twitter @chefraphaelkn