With simple ingredients, this recipe is a meal you will enjoy. The honey orange glaze makes it more addictive-not too sweet, not too salty.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from 1 1/2 medium or 1 large oranges)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs (about 6-7 medium) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 Tbsp oil (I use light olive oil)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup orange juice, 3 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp ginger and 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place into marinade. Stir and cover with plastic wrap and marinate on the counter 20 min.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade in the bowl.
- Add chicken to the hot pan and sauté, stirring occasionally until golden and cooked through (5 min)
- Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to a bowl
- Pour reserved marinade into the pan, add 1 1/2 Tbsp butter and place back over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until slightly thickened (1 min) then remove from heat.
- Add chicken back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve over hot buttery white rice