We know that traditional thanksgiving menus will always have turkey in it. Usually a large roasted bird with a generous amount of stuffing. This time around why not go a little away from the conventional menu item and make some delicious turkey burritos.
- Shredded Turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of refried Beans
- ½ cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Additional salsa and cheese, if desired
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Heat oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell peppers; sauté until tender and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add your turkey, refried beans and salsa; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and cilantro; season generously with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortilla in a dry pan over medium-high heat until warm, softened, and browned in spots, about 30 seconds per side.
- Place tortilla on work surface. Spoon 1 cup warm turkey mixture along center of tortilla, add extra cheese and avocado if desired; fold sides in over filling, then roll up tortilla to enclose filling. Place burrito seam side down on baking sheet, and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.