Do you have a vast collection of beer bottles racked up somewhere with no idea what to do with them? Then this simple DIY procedure on how to turn a beer bottle into a drinking glass will come in handy. This can apply to other bottles as well;
Disclaimer: This process involves sharp edges, breaking glass and fire. But if you’re careful, it could also involve fun
- A beer bottle of your choice
- 1 meter of yarn
- A lighter
- Ice cold water in a large bowl
- Flammable liquid ( nail polish remover)
- Drink the beer till empty
- Soak the yarn in the flammable liquid
- Wrap the yarn round the bottle (Preferably 5-6 times) to your desired height.
- Tie off the yarn at the end and cut off the loose ends.
- While holding the bottle at the bottom horizontally, light the yarn. Rotate the bottle till the entire yarn is engulfed in fire.
- Rotate the bottle till the fire burns out then immediately submerge the bottle in the bowl. The bottle will break off into two from where the yarn was tied. If it doesn’t, repeat the process again.
- After 20 to 30 minutes, smooth the edges of the bottle using sandpaper and rinse off the accumulated glass particles.
- Pour in a drink and enjoy your new favourite glass.