Reach for this Chocolate Cookies when that chocolate craving hits.
While perfect with a tall glass of cold milk, its soft texture makes it the perfect cookie for filling with ice cream so you have your own homemade ice cream sandwiches.
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter or margarine, room temperature
1/2 cup (105 grams) light brown sugar
1/4 cup (50 grams) white granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (130 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (30 grams) cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (260 grams) white chocolate chips or chunks from cut up chocolate block
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line two baking trays with parchment/greaseproof paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter together til light and fluffy(about 2 minutes)
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder together then add to the egg mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Using an icecream scoop or 2 tablespoon, spoon about 1 1/2 tbsp of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet spacing about 5cm apart.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or til the cookies are soft on centre and firm on the edges.
- Allow to cool on the tray for abou 5min then transfer to a cooling rack.
The reicpe will make approx 24 3 inch round cookies.
You can substitute the plain flour with self raising flour and skip the baking powder.
For recipes and how to guides on various dishes including this one, LIKE my page www.facebook.com/chefraphael and discover your inner chef. “BE WARNED,THE PAGE IS VERY ADDICTIVE AND DELICIOUS!”
Follow me on twitter @chefraphaelkn