Kaluhi's White Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- ½ packet Marie biscuits
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp crème liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 100g white chocolate
- Crush biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs then add coconut and mix.
- Add the heavy cream, a little at a time, until the consistency resembles plasticine.
- With a teaspoon, scoop out bits and roll into spheres with your hands. Set them aside.
- In a small bowl, melt your white chocolate in a microwave for about 30 seconds. Add crème liqueur and ensure it is evenly mixed.
- Finally, coat the biscuit balls with the molten white chocolate, garnish with some coconut and pop in the freezer to dry and set.
Kaluhi is all about tradition. No, not the monotonous kind but more like the “spontaneous and using local ingredients to give traditional Kenyan food a facelift with an international twist” kind. 17 months later, her blog has gone from a personal project to a funky fresh foodie platform. South Africa’s Siba Mtongana and other bloggers are Kaluhi’s inspiration. Her recipe this month features rich, galaxy speckled, decadent balls of heaven, and she’s obsessed with them!